Our team’s approach will always be to look at cost effective solutions and value engineering of the project to ensure value for the client whilst offering the same level of service and with quality.
At Coyde Construction Ltd, we understand the importance of continuous training as well as teaching a new generation of apprentices to become skilled Tradesmen. Our company is committed to ensuring our employees maintain and develop their skills through education, training and CPD.
Jenny Coyde is a Director of DCT (Devon Construction Training), a CITB grant aided non-for-profit organisation that provides affordable training to its members, actively encourages recruitment of apprentices and cooperates with other organisations and local colleges to promote training.
Coyde Construction Ltd. is an accredited member of the following: NHBC, LABC, Secure by Design, Exor Gold, the Principle Contractor.
The majority of our buildings are part of Secure Design and Considerate Constructors schemes further ensuring our work is built to the highest standard, giving the occupier and owner peace of mind. Coyde Construction Ltd prides itself on being able to provide an efficient all round building service with extremely high quality standards of workmanship. Our company has been trading for 30 years, during which time we have been gradually expanding our client base, becoming sensitive to the differing needs of each client.
We are proud to have attained various awards listed below is a sample of recent ones;
- 2014 Building Excellence Awards Finalist Best Affordable New Housing Development
- 2013 LABC Building Excellence Awards Highly Commended Best Education Building
- 2013 LABC Building Excellence Awards Best Community Building
- 2013 Devon Building Control Building Excellence Award Winner Best Multiple Dwelling
- 2012 we were presented with LABC South West Build in quality award, for best social housing development and best educational building.
- June 2011 we were presented with LABC South West Build in quality award
The Directors believe that Coyde Construction is well placed to offer a service that combines the Traditional Qualities of a Small Business with the Experience and Expertise of a Large Company and ensure that they themselves maintain an integral and active role in the day-to-day running of projects and the Company as a whole. The unique structure of the company allows flexibility and the ability for clients to interact directly with key people in the organisation, who can make decisions and take appropriate action to achieve the objectives of individual projects.
All Coyde Construction personnel have successfully delivered schemes of high quality within budget and programme. Our team’s approach will always be to look at cost effective solutions and value engineering of the project to ensure value for the client whilst offering the same level of service and with quality.
A common misconception is that value engineering is just a cost cutting exercise. If approached from this point of view, the wider benefits of the techniques may well be overlooked.
Through adopting this approach, we have been able to realise the following benefits:
- Clarification of the brief separating Clients needs from Client aspirations
- Improved performance through efficiency savings
- Identification of alternative designs, solutions or locations
- Identification of alternative construction methods
- Empowered staff through multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Enhanced service/product quality
- Identification of risk
- Identification of additional functions that improve the outcomes of the project
- Improved staff morale, commitments and relationships
- Rationalisation of the project programme